We have all been there — you suffer from back pain, experience anxiety, or have trouble sleeping. Or, you may just looking for something delicious or convenient to help you relax or cope with these issues.
CBD (Cannabidiol) is a non-psychoactive component of the cannabis plant that is said to have a wide range of medicinal properties. In particular, CBD has been shown to have positive effects on both pain and anxiety, and it is a common ingredient in edibles that are used to help people sleep, reduce pain, and treat anxiety. Due to its health benefits, the use of CBD is on the rise.
The nation is waking up to the benefits of CBD, but how many are using it for its many other therapeutic properties? With so many different types of CBD products on the market, it can be hard to know what to try. We’ve reviewed the best CBD edibles to help you find the right one for you.. Read more about best cbd gummies for pain 2021 and let us know what you think.
You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re looking for the finest CBD edibles.
We bought 26 different CBD candies near me, CBD edibles online, and other CBD items over the course of eight weeks. Please bear with us while we reveal our top five choices.
While we tested a variety of CBD edibles, this review will concentrate on gummies. CBD gummies are, without a question, the finest edibles on the market! Essentially, you’re eating candy (which is delicious in and of itself), but this candy has a unique twist! These CBD candies may help with pain alleviation, anxiety reduction, and even depressed symptoms. But my personal favorite use has to be taking these CBD gummies for sleep: I take anywhere from 15-30mg of CBD before bed and I’m good to go (with most gummies being about 10mg of CBD, that’s around 1-3 gummies on average).
CBD gummies come in a range of forms and sizes, just like their conventional counterparts. That means you have a plethora of fantastic choices. However, if you’re new to these delectable treats, you’re definitely at a loss for where to begin.
Fortunately, we wrote this evaluation with beginners in mind, so you can learn about the finest ones and choose which ones you want to try.
If you already know you’re receiving the finest CBD gummies, however, we hope this comparison is still helpful. After all, you may discover something new and interesting on our list that you’d want to try. We believe we’ve found a hidden treasure that you’ll adore after spending weeks testing 26 different CBD products (some of which were edibles for sale at a shop near me), some of which were edibles for sale at a store near me.
Just a year ago, finding CBD gummies around me was a new idea, but now they’re practically everywhere. Let’s go further down this rabbit hole and figure out why it’s so difficult to locate high-quality CBD gummies.
Locating CBD Gummies of High Quality
Gummies (the candy, not the CBD edibles) have been around since the late 1960s, something many people are unaware of. One thing is certain: they weren’t nearly as popular back then as they are today!
CBD gummies became popular in the mainstream media in 2018. Even the most bullish investors were taken aback when the CBD craze exploded into a new billion-dollar business in a couple of months. This has had both positive and negative consequences, with the positive being that customers now have greater access to infrastructure, legislative backing, and technology to enhance the quality of goods accessible to them. However, it also means that there are a slew of fly-by-night companies offering products with little to no CBD in deceptive packaging, claiming to be the miracle treatment for pain, anxiety, sleeplessness, melancholy, stress, and a slew of other ailments.
We took care of all the hard lifting for you.
Yes, CBD gummies may be used for pain, and they can also be used for anxiety – but only if you choose a high-quality product with a proven track record. CBD candies include cannabis components such as CBN, CBG, CBD, terpenes, and vitamins, depending on the kind you select – and we’ll list companies that offer these high-quality formulations.
CBD Gummies: Are They a Reliable Pain, Anxiety, Insomnia, and Depression Treatment?
If you’re considering utilizing CBD gummies to treat a health problem, you should be informed of the advantages of these edibles.
CBD gummies, in particular, will benefit individuals who suffer from anxiety and tension. They may also assist with pain, inflammation, and even nausea in certain instances.
Finally, if you’re searching for a method to cope with those sorts of problems without getting high, CBD gummies are ideal. They’re tasty and filling, and they’re a wonderful source of energy.
Now all you have to do is choose the perfect candy for you! Without further ado, let’s get started…
Our Picks of the Best CBD Gummies for Pain, Anxiety & Sleep
1. Editor’s Choice: Royal CBD Gummies
Not only do Royal CBD’s gummies look amazing, but they also taste much better!
Basically, if you’re searching for a vegan gummy company that looks too wonderful to be true, Royal CBD is the place to go. There’s no reason to be suspicious, however. They produce tasty gummies, and the business is committed to complete openness.
Before attempting these edibles, you may essentially study up on every little detail to ensure you’re eating a high-quality CBD product.
2. The Golden Bee (Runner Up)
Our second-best CBD gummies are also manufactured in California. Gold Bee was founded by a group of innovative entrepreneurs that have worked in the superfoods business for a number of years. Even though the food is intended to be snacked on the move, the men know how to integrate herbal extracts into high-quality cuisine.
Gold Bee will be your finest company if you live a hectic lifestyle and need more CBD in your routine. These candies are not just organic and non-GMO, but they also contain 25 milligrams of CBD each cube.
There’s also no gelatin within. Fruit pectin is used to make these gummies.
You won’t have to worry about testing positive for THC on a drug test if you use Gold Bee CBD candies. The gummies are made with broad-spectrum CBD, which means you may still benefit from the entourage effect while avoiding THC.
The tastes and colors come from organic dried concentrates of apple, grape, pumpkin, carrot, and black currant, and the product is 100 percent organic.
3. Gummies with Green Roads (Runner Up)
Green Roads provides a wide range of CBD products from which to select. The wonderful thing about this business is that each product is of the highest quality, so you always know you’re receiving the finest. Specifically, qualified pharmacists manufacture and compound all of their products.
Go ahead and browse their web shop if you have a sweet craving. You’ll be amazed by the range of goods they offer, from gummy worms to gummy frogs!
Gummies from CBDistillery (Good, With Some Caveats)
CBDistillery is one of the finest brands in the industry if you’re searching for a high-quality Vegan gummy. The candies are produced entirely with vegan ingredients and are devoid of pesticides, solvents, chemicals, and GMOs. They also don’t have any THC in them.
This brand should be tried by any vegan who suffers from sleeplessness or tiredness. Gummies made by CBDistillery may also assist with pain relief.
If you don’t like for their gummies, we offer another vegan option for you.
5. CBD Gummies from Hemp Bombs (Buyer Beware)
Hemp Bombs are exactly what they sound like: bombs. If you’re looking for something a little more powerful than the other brands we’ve tested, this is the one to go for.
If you want delicious gummies, we suggest any of the other brands on our list.
Overall, these gummies will aid in the treatment of problems like sleeplessness, tension, anxiety, and pain, so if that’s what you’re searching for, these are ideal.
6. Hemp Gummies are delicious.
Organic corn syrup, natural flavorings, and fruit juices are among the components in these tasty Hemp CBD candies. You have a single flavor choice to select from, which includes three flavors: cherry, lemon, and orange. These treats offer a strong dosage of CBD at a fair price, with each gummy containing 25 mg of CBD – typical candies in this price range have up to 15 mg.
However, since these gummies are rich in sugar, they may not be suitable for youngsters. Pesticides, heavy metals, and solvents do not have lab results available; only certificates of analysis for strength and THC content are available.
CBDfx has a wide range of CBD gummies to choose from. New users and veterans may purchase the brand’s goods, which come in two concentrations: 10 mg and 40 mg each gummy. If you’re a heavy user or want to take CBD for severe pain, anxiety, or sleep issues, the second choice is ideal.
CBDfx offers a variety of formulations, each with its own set of advantages, such as sleep assistance, stress reduction, and immune support. Although the manufacturer does not state it directly, the high-strength version may be utilized for pain management.
Our main reservation about these CBD candies is that, like Tasty Hemp, they have a greater sugar content than the competitors. The usage of a full-spectrum extract, which leaves a botanical aftertaste, is most likely to blame.
cbdMD creates organic CBD edibles from organic hemp produced in the United States. The gummies are packed with broad-spectrum CBD, which means you may get the benefits of supporting cannabinoids and terpenes without avoiding THC. The business is quite open; you can get batch-specific certificates of analysis for all of their goods with a single click of a button.
These candies come in three different strengths: 10 mg, 25 mg, and 50 mg. The strongest version is recommended for those who weigh more than 220 pounds and need to treat chronic sleep deficiency, alleviate severe stress, or manage pain.
The cbdMD vegan gummies come in a variety of flavors, including orange, strawberry, raspberry, and tropical, but they’re not the best-tasting candies on the market. If you don’t like how they taste, you may return them for a full refund within 60 days.
Charlotte’s Web (nine)
Charlotte’s Web is one of the most well-known hemp brands in the United States. The business has grown into a real CBD powerhouse, providing a broad variety of goods made from organic hemp, thanks to their significant commitment to bringing the health advantages of CBD to the general public.
Charlotte’s Web has released three new varieties of its award-winning CBD gummies, each designed for a particular kind of consumer. The Recovery version is our favorite since it includes turmeric and ginger, in addition to full-spectrum CBD, which are both renowned for their immune-boosting properties. Each gummy contains either 10 or 25 milligrams of CBD.
Despite a few FDA warning letters in recent years, Charlotte’s Web remains one of the most renowned brands on the market — and a reasonably safe choice for novices.
Medterra is number ten.
Medterra is a tiny California-based artisan business that focuses in high-quality CBD products made from organic hemp. Immune Boost, Sleep Well, and Stay Alert are the three kinds of CBD candies offered in its line-up.
If you’re taking CBD gummies for pain relief, the Immune Boost variety is the best choice. Sleep Well was created to help you get a good night’s sleep and regulate your circadian cycle, as the name implies. The Stay Alert gummies are effective in improving concentration and reducing anxiety.
The gummies come in one strength, with each piece containing 25 milligrams of broad-spectrum CBD. The pricing is also fair, but Medterra’s goods are less cheap than rival companies since it does not provide any loyalty programs or discounts for returning customers.
If you’re looking for the best CBD gummies, you’ve come to the right place. Before you do anything else, read this.
CBD gummies are often used by individuals who dislike the taste of CBD oil. For picky customers, gummies are unquestionably the finest CBD form.
The majority of high-quality CBD candies are naturally flavored with fruit juice or fruit concentrate, which provides a pleasant taste while masking the earthy flavor of full-spectrum CBD oil. The appearance of colors in CBD gummies is also due to these substances.
Gummy bears laced with CBD are also more convenient to consume than gel capsules. You don’t have to consume them with water; instead, you may enjoy their delectable tastes by sucking on them and delivering some CBD via your mouth’s blood vessels. As a result, gummies have a greater bioavailability.
Gummies come in a broad variety of strengths, ranging from 2 mg to 100 mg each piece.
You’ll discover important information regarding the health advantages of CBD and why you should choose it over other types of cannabidiol in the sections below.
CBD, the Endocannabinoid System & Human health
CBD stands for cannabidiol, a naturally occurring cannabinoid component found in cannabis plants.
Natural chemicals called cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid system, which is the primary regulatory network in mammals. To exhibit their therapeutic benefits, they interact with cannabinoid receptors.
Memory, mood, cognition, immunological function, pain signaling, sleep, mood, hunger, body temperature, and fertility are among processes that the ECS aids in maintaining.
CBD-rich products may help people manage the symptoms of a variety of physical and mental ailments, including:
Because CBD is produced from cannabis, many people mistakenly believe it to be the same as marijuana. CBD candies, on the other hand, are nothing like their THC cousins since CBD does not induce intoxication. You won’t get high from your gummies as long as they’re made from hemp and contain less than 0.3 percent THC.
CBD gummies made from hemp are allowed in the United States under the terms of the 2018 Farm Bill. Marijuana-derived products are only allowed in jurisdictions where the drug has been authorized for medicinal or recreational use.
In this list, we only cover CBD products that are devoid of THC.
Using CBD Gummies for Pain, Anxiety & Sleep: What You Need to Know
CBD’s medicinal flexibility comes from its interaction with the ECS, as previously stated. CBD affects our mood, pain perception, and sleep cycles via indirectly interacting with cannabinoid receptors in the brain. Furthermore, since CBD works on more than 60 biochemical pathways, it may treat pain from a variety of perspectives, such as decreasing inflammation and dampening pain signals sent to the brain.
The processes that make CBD gummies potentially beneficial for pain, anxiety, and sleep are discussed in this article.
Do CBD Gummies Provide Pain Relief?
When you consume CBD gummies, the active component is delivered to the bloodstream through the gastrointestinal system. It then interacts with cannabinoid receptors on the surface of immune cells, decreasing the production of cytokines, which are pro-inflammatory chemicals. Inflammation is the most common source of pain, and although some inflammation is natural, persistent flare-ups may be very uncomfortable and disrupt your regular routine. Reduced inflammation results in less severe pain, edema, and redness in the afflicted region (1).
Another method to utilize CBD gummies for pain is to reduce the amount of pain signals your brain receives. CBD does this by attaching to the brain’s TRPV1 vanilloid receptor. The vanilloid receptor is named after the oil extracted from vanilla beans, which is used in traditional medicine to treat pain (2).
Not to mention the beneficial effects of CBD on anandamide signaling. Your body’s pain threshold is raised by raising the quantities of this endocannabinoid in the circulation, resulting in a less prominent response to pain signals (3).
Can CBD Gummies Be Used to Treat Anxiety?
Anandamide not only makes you more pain resistant, but it also keeps your mood in check. CBD works on the 5-1HTA serotonin receptor in addition to increasing anandamide signaling (4).
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for emotions of calm, happiness, and well-being. Anxiety disorders and depression are linked to low serotonin levels. CBD guarantees that the body produces more effective serotonin via its contact with the aforementioned receptor, leading to a happy mood.
Last but not least, CBD inhibits the overactivity of the neurological system by acting on the GABA receptor. The GABA receptor is modulated, resulting in a longer attention span and a calmer state of mind (5).
Can I Sleep With CBD Gummies?
While research on the use of CBD for sleep in healthy persons are inconclusive, it does alter the sleep patterns of those who suffer from a variety of physiological and psychological problems.
When taken in modest dosages in the morning, CBD may function as a wake-promoting agent. You can remain busy throughout the day, which will assist your body fall asleep quicker by setting the proper gears in action. When you don’t do anything throughout the day, your brain receives signals that you haven’t been active and that it’s time to do something, which may make it difficult to go asleep (6).
Higher dosages of CBD taken before night, on the other hand, may momentarily decrease blood pressure and guarantee calm breathing, preparing the body for sleep (7).
CBD has also been shown to decrease the severity of nightmares in individuals with PTSD and to minimize sudden movements, vocalizations, and tremors in Parkinson’s disease patients during the REM sleep period (8–9).
Even if CBD doesn’t directly help you sleep better, CBD gummies may assist with pain and anxiety, which are both major causes to sleep deprivation. The authors of one research on the effectiveness of CBD oil for anxiety and sleep found that CBD effectively decreased anxiety levels and assisted the participants in getting better sleep (10).
What Makes CBD Gummies Different From Other CBD Products?
CBD gummies have become one of the most popular products on the market in the United States because they are the most easy and enjoyable method to consume this cannabinoid.
Here are some reasons why you should try CBD gummies:
- Long-lasting effects: Because CBD gummies are taken orally, they must transit through the digestive system before entering the circulation and exerting their effects. When compared to sublingual drops, this results in a delayed start, but CBD is delivered gradually in this manner, resulting in long-lasting benefits.
- Easy dosing: Because each gummy has a premeasured quantity of CBD, CBD gummies are simpler to administer than other forms of CBD. So, if your daily dosage is 20 mg and your gummy is 10 mg, you just need to eat two gummies. The majority of CBD candies include 10–30 mg of CBD each count, but you may get gummies with up to 100 mg per count.
- A wide variety of tastes: CBD gummies come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and flavors. Typically, they include a blend of sour, sweet, and exotic flavors, as well as herbal accents. Sugar levels are more likely to be greater in full-spectrum gummies.
- Vegan and gluten-free: CBD candies are suitable for vegans and gluten-allergic individuals. The majority of high-quality gummies are free of wheat and animal byproducts. However, it’s always a good idea to check the ingredient list to ensure you’re not purchasing anything that will make you feel terrible.
- While CBD gummies are more costly than regular gummy bears, they are still a more reasonable option for a reasonably nutritious snack. A box of 30 gummies containing 5 mg of CBD, for example, costs about $20, or around 65 cents per milligram of CBD.
Is it Safe to Take CBD Gummies? What Are the Potential Negative Consequences?
Because CBD has such a good safety profile, most hemp-derived CBD candies are perfectly safe to eat as long as they come from a trustworthy source. Their anti-stress and pain-relieving properties have been well-documented in the scientific literature, with just a few adverse effects to report. The majority of these side effects are minor and do not occur unless you consume CBD in very high amounts.
The following adverse effects may occur if you consume too much CBD:
- Dry mouth is a frequent complaint among CBD users. CBD may interact with receptors in the mouth that regulate saliva production, causing mild to moderate mouth dryness. You may become thirsty as well, particularly if you’re using a very concentrated substance. To avoid a case of “cotton mouth,” stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Dizziness: after using CBD, some people report feeling light-headed. This is due to a brief decrease in blood pressure after ingesting CBD gummies. Before purchasing CBD gummies, those with naturally low blood pressure or those on specific medicines should see a doctor.
- Changes in appetite: The effects of CBD on an individual’s appetite are yet unknown. While CBD is considered to be a moderate appetite reducer, some people claim that ingesting CBD gummies increases their hunger. However, the additional sugar in the gummies may be to blame for this adverse effect, which stimulates our desire for carbohydrate-rich foods.
- Diarrhea: High dosages of CBD may induce diarrhea, however this is due to the carrier oils in which CBD extracts are suspended. When a person eats too much oil, they may experience the call of nature.
Can CBD Gummies Make Me High?
Although CBD gummies may make you feel calm, they will not get you high as marijuana sweets would.
Full-spectrum THC is included in tiny quantities in CBD gummies, but not enough to cause intoxication. THC content in hemp plants is less than 0.3 percent dry mass.
High dosages of CBD candies, despite the absence of intoxication, may induce sleepiness. The ideal method is to begin with a modest dosage and gradually raise it until you get the desired results. Keep in mind that CBD may take longer to take action in certain cases. To obtain a fair evaluation of the effects, use CBD for at least two weeks.
How Many CBD Gummies Should You Take? CBD Dosage: How Many CBD Gummies Should You Take?
Different dosages of CBD will have different effects on different people. Consider the following variables when deciding how many CBD candies to consume throughout the day:
- Your age
- Effects to be expected
- Symptoms’ severity
- Drug interactions that may occur (consult it with your doctor)
Although there is no one-size-fits-all CBD dose, the chart below may serve as a starting point, particularly if you’re new to CBD candies.
Experts believe that 2–6 mg of CBD per 10 pounds of body weight is a suitable beginning dosage. Users may then track the effects over the course of a week and alter the dose as required. It’s difficult to develop a tolerance to CBD, so once you’ve discovered the quantity that works for you, stay to it.
|Weight Classification||Dose for Mild Side Effects||The Most Appropriate Dose for Moderate Effects||Dose for Maximum Effects|
|a weight of less than 130 lbs.||10–11 milligrams||12–14 milligrams||15–17 milligrams|
|Weight range: 130 – 230 lbs.||17–18 milligrams||19–23 milligrams||––––––––––––––––––|
|weighing more than 230 lbs.||22–23 milligrams||30 mg – 24 mg||31–42 milligrams|
Best CBD Gummies & How to Take Them: Bottom Line
Gummies are the most fun way for CBD-curious people to join the ever-growing crowd of CBD supporters and explore the world of edibles. CBD has a wide range of health benefits, and gummies are the most fun way for CBD-curious people to join the ever-growing crowd of CBD supporters and explore the world of edibles.
Finding a trustworthy online source — such as the ones suggested at WeBeHigh — and making sure the goods you’re purchasing are produced from organic hemp and have been third-party tested for CBD content and purity is the best way to obtain high-quality CBD candies.
Start gently, ideally with one gummy each day, when you finally get your first jar of sweet-and-sour deliciousness to observe how your body reacts to this dosage. Take another if you don’t feel sleepy or sedated after the first, and then reevaluate the effects.
Wait up to 2 hours before eating another gummy bear since CBD must travel through your stomach first.
If you’re taking any medicines that may interact with CBD, speak to your doctor before include it in your diet to prevent unwanted side effects. First and foremost, safety!
Sources of information:
- Nagarkatti, P., Pandey, R., Rieder, S. A., Hegde, V. L., & Nagarkatti, M. (2009). Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs. Future medicinal chemistry, 1(7), 1333–1349. https://doi.org/10.4155/fmc.09.93
- Muller, C., Morales, P., & Reggio, P. H. (2019). Cannabinoid Ligands Targeting TRP Channels. Frontiers in molecular neuroscience, 11, 487. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnmol.2018.00487
- Leweke, F. M., Piomelli, D., Pahlisch, F., Muhl, D., Gerth, C. W., Hoyer, C., Klosterkötter, J., Hellmich, M., & Koethe, D. (2012). Cannabidiol enhances anandamide signaling and alleviates psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia. Translational psychiatry, 2(3), e94. https://doi.org/10.1038/tp.2012.15
- Linge, R., Jiménez-Sánchez, L., Campa, L., Pilar-Cuéllar, F., Vidal, R., Pazos, A., Adell, A., & Díaz, Á. (2016). Cannabidiol induces rapid-acting antidepressant-like effects and enhances cortical 5-HT/glutamate neurotransmission: role of 5-HT1A receptors. Neuropharmacology, 103, 16–26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropharm.2015.12.017
- Pretzsch, C. M., Freyberg, J., Voinescu, B., Lythgoe, D., Horder, J., Mendez, M. A., Wichers, R., Ajram, L., Ivin, G., Heasman, M., Edden, R., Williams, S., Murphy, D., Daly, E., & McAlonan, G. M. (2019). Effects of cannabidiol on brain excitation and inhibition systems; a randomised placebo-controlled single dose trial during magnetic resonance spectroscopy in adults with and without autism spectrum disorder. Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 44(8), 1398–1405. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41386-019-0333-8
- Babson, K. A., Sottile, J., & Morabito, D. (2017). Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of the Literature. Current psychiatry reports, 19(4), 23. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11920-017-0775-9
- Crippa, J. A., Guimarães, F. S., Campos, A. C., & Zuardi, A. W. (2018). Translational Investigation of the Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD): Toward a New Age. Frontiers in immunology, 9, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2018.02009
- Chagas, M. H., Eckeli, A. L., Zuardi, A. W., Pena-Pereira, M. A., Sobreira-Neto, M. A., Sobreira, E. T., Camilo, M. R., Bergamaschi, M. M., Schenck, C. H., Hallak, J. E., Tumas, V., & Crippa, J. A. (2014). Cannabidiol can improve complex sleep-related behaviors associated with rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder in Parkinson’s disease patients: a case series. Journal of clinical pharmacy and therapeutics, 39(5), 564–566. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpt.12179
- Elms, L., Shannon, S., Hughes, S., & Lewis, N. (2019). Cannabidiol in the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Series. Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, N.Y.), 25(4), 392–397. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2018.0437
- Shannon, S., Lewis, N., Lee, H., & Hughes, S. (2019). Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. The Permanente journal, 23, 18–041. https://doi.org/10.7812/TPP/18-041
The CBD gummies and edibles you’ll find on this page are made from 100% organic hemp—and they’re all infused with the FDA-approved cannabinoid compound. The gummies are a convenient and healthy way to medicate, and they come in a large variety of flavors, including chocolate, mint, and vanilla. Shop our selection of CBD gummies to find the ones that work best for you.. Read more about cbd gummies for pain reviews and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- best cbd gummies for anxiety and stress
- best full-spectrum cbd gummies 2021
- best cbd gummies 2021
- best cbd gummies for pain 2021 canada
- best full-spectrum cbd gummies for pain 2021